In 1879, Boss Shenck's Saloon, on the Portland waterfront, was an early gathering place for the maritime trade. News of ship arrivals was posted by patrons and the establishment became the birthplace of the Merchants Exchange.
Since that time, the Merchants Exchange has grown and expanded in order to keep pace with the ever-changing maritime trade and advancing technology. Operating 24-hours a day, seven days a week, the Exchange is an integral part of the maritime industry providing the lower Columbia and Willamette rivers; maritime and harbor communities with valuable information and service. In addition to providing 24-hour vessel intelligence, answering service and cargo and vessel statistics, the Exchange also provides extensive association management.
Interested in subscribing? Click below for more information.